Subject: Re: [Leica] Gathering of the klan (LUG)
From: "Bruce R. Slomovitz" <brslomo@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 07:49:19 -0400

I'm sorry, but I disagree, vehemently.   Ignorance, whether it be of correct
spelling, is never an excuse.  The word "Klan" spelled with a "K" evokes in
most people a sense of disgust, loathing, and embarassment.  I think it was
entirely appropriate for Mr. Kumagai to bring it up.  When I saw the
original post in question, I had the same feeling of disbelief that I have
when I see people who call themselves human flying a confederate flag.  I
think Mr. Kumagai (apparently not a native speaker of the English language -
and therefore apparently not someone born to the culture) very gently and
correctly pointed out the indescretion.  I think we should all thank him and
go out and take Leica pictures.

Bruce S.