Subject: Re: [Leica] Vapourware Leica M7 vs Existing M6
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 10:01:03 +0200

There were some cost cutting in the construction of M4-2 like no self t=
imer
and simplified frame counter, PC sync outlet set in moulded plastic etc=
 -
but I=B4d think the shutter is the same as in other M series Leicas. Le=
ica
shutter is regarded as a model of simplicity.
Raimo
photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen
my=F6s suomeksi

- ----------
> From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Vapourware Leica M7 vs Existing M6
> Date: 22. elokuuta 1998 3:43
>=20
> At 06:22 AM 8/21/98 -0700, you wrote:
>=20
> >it 'M4-2'  Some people have indicated that they took cost reduction
> >measures on the M4-2 which make it less desirable than the M4 but th=
ats
> >another topic.
>=20
> Some people is not terribly reliable. I do remember there are fewer p=
arts
> in an M4-2 than in an M3/4 like amount of things to adjust on the
shutter.
> But people don't seem to complain about the M4-2/P/6 shutter being
> unreliable, no? On the rangefinder too. But my M6 focuses just fine. =
No