Subject: Re: [Leica] Gathering of the klan
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 23:13:47 -0500

At 08:32 PM 8/21/98 -0700, you wrote:

>A klan (small 'k') is a group or organization.  And in this case, the
>only things we burn are Leica copies.

Bill,

That's clan. As in clan of the cave bear. Klan (klan is  a misspelling
according to Corel's Word Perfect spell checker) implies, to me, the Ku
Klux Klan. Or Klansman. I'm absolutely sure that's not what was meant.
Nobody here would be slime enough to subscribe to such a racist attitude,
but as a journalist, I am probably more sensitive to the language than
others, but this one was an unfortunate misspelling.

- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

Congress!

- - Men's restroom, House of Representatives. Washington, D.C.