Subject: [Leica] Re: M7 hype
From: Bill Erfurth <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 20:47:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Erwin,

I am pleased to see that there is someone on the LUG that is willing
to put his money where his mouth is.

Now, let me understand the terms of this wager.

Are you saying that Leica will not introduce a new body called the M7?

Or, are you saying that Leica will not introduce an improved range
finder body?

Regards,
Bill Erfurth

From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>

I have made a remark about this topic a number of months ago and I can
only
repeat it: M7 is very very unlikely in the near future.I know that
gossip
and speculation are part of human nature.Rread the last quarter report
by
Leica between lines and start thinking. Bets can be placed and I will
collect the money at Photokina time, I hope at least.

Erwin