Subject: RE: [Leica] Gathering of the klan (LUG)
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 20:36:47 -0700

At 04:04 AM 8/22/98 +0900, kumagai wrote:
>>>Subject : [Leica] Gathering of the klan (LUG)
>                                                    ~~~~
>Ummm, isn't it too much for a joke. There can be a Black American who read
>it and deeply disappointed...
>
>Tom Kumagai

I believe the Bill meant to spell it with a "C" (clan) which according to
Webster, means:

"a group united by a common interest or common characteristics"

And it's my opinion that even though it was spelled with a "K", there was
no malice intended and therefore the subject should not have been brought
to the LUG's attention. You do not need to point out simple mistakes by
making racial connotations. Until I looked it up in the dictionary, I
probably would have spelled it with a K as it is an American, Celtic, and
just about anyone else's colloquialism... the word Clan simply means "a
group united by a common interest or common characteristics". The LUG is a
Clan.

Jim