Subject: Re: [Leica] Vapourware Leica M7 vs Existing M6
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 06:22:20 -0700

Alan Sircom wrote:
<snip> Remember, cost-cutting
> is why Leitz swapped from the M4 to the M4-2; improvements between the
> M4 and M4-2 are hard to find and even harder to justify. But the
> changes were made to keep the Leica competitive in an increasingly
> dumbed down world.

I don't remember this.  What I remember is that the M4 was discontinued
because the M5 was in production. When Leica realized that lots of
people wanted the M4 and not the M5 they brought back the M4 and dubbed
it 'M4-2'  Some people have indicated that they took cost reduction
measures on the M4-2 which make it less desirable than the M4 but thats
another topic.

Dennis