Subject: [Leica] "Rapido Load" Merde nicht Shi-
From: MargaSouri@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 02:29:56 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/98 10:33:30 PM,Summicron1@aol.com writes:
> >snip<
>  dunno if the number is right or not. I DO know the rapid load kit is a
piece
>  of shit. I have one and have never been able to get it to work -- it is NOT
>  like the m-4 spool, but has a spacer and special spool < snip
- ------------
 This kit was poorly designed pour the M2 which had a manual set exp counter.
 It truely was such a piece of merde that it was taken off the market & sold
 dealers like Brooklyn Camera for just cents on the dollar and they in turn
sold
 the kit for around $10.  This was many years ago & I be wondering if it
really
 was a Leitz item to begin with as it had a cheap loading instruction sticker
that
 was very un-Leitz like.  I hear that they have become popular again on eBay;
 selling for as much as $100 to suchers.  ------------------ Souris