Subject: [Leica] Windex
From: "Roy J. Feldman" <royfel@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 17:07:48 -0400

Do not use Windex or any ammonia based product on a coated lens. At most
optical stores you can buy wonderful cleaners($5/pint) and wiping cloths.
This is fairly recent, since many new glasses have anti- reflectant coatings
the new cleaners are formulated for them. Ammonia based products remove this
coating.
Speaking of micro-fiber cloths, I have one made by Leica given to me by the
Leica rep.