Subject: [Leica] RE: oldest society of Leica...
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 12:53:00 +0000

Hi y'all, I'm back from my hol's...
(fx: collective groans and sighs from around the world...)

Bill,
I hate to disagree with your kind reply to Ben below, but I believe that
the 'Leica Postal Portfolio' society (in Britain) is the oldest Leica
society in the world, though I'd be happy enough to learn otherwise.

We were founded in 1936 after breaking away from a previous Postal
Portfolio group here in Britain, the 'miniaturists' in the society left
to 'do their own thing' and so LPP was formed. We circulate our Leica
photographs to each other in 'circles' of  a dozen or so (for mutual
criticism), there are 19 circles catering for 'chromes, prints large and
small, b/w and colour.

regards,

Jem