Subject: [Leica] Is M6 really any better than M3?
From: Mark Walberg <Walberg@simmons.swmed.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 14:29:57 -0600

I'd like to get a Leica body one of these days (using Canon 7 and Konica
IIIM and IIIA now).  I know everybody uses their cameras differently, but
It would help me to hear why some LUGgers prefer the M6 to M3 (costing half
as much).
    I do love my Konicas, with their full 1.00 magnification finders, but
alas, they don't open up to f1.0!
    So, other than the M6 meter and the different frame lines in the
viewfinder, what real advantages do users find in the M6 or M6HM  compared
to an M3?  For example, is the rangefinder any easier to focus?
  Another way of asking this is, What can you tell me that would convince
me that I need to save up for twice as long?    I'd love to try them both
out, but I don't have the opportunity.    Mark Walberg