Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 21:04:38 -0700

Back about a year ago I inquired about this same thing and a former LUG
member suggested I put masking tape over the center brightline illumination
window.  Not having any masking tape on hand I cut a small square of diffusion
gel and stuck it on the camera with two sided tape.  This has helped some to
reduce the glare (flare) that white outs the focusing squares.

I really should try masking tape some day as Robert said it made his finder
look like his M3, nice yellow brightlines instead of white.

HTH

Morten Ryen wrote:

>  I sometimes find it
> hard to focus my M6 properly, especially when light falls in from the left
> or with backlit subjects. The focus area gets completly white, which makes
> it impossible to see if the subject is in focus. Am I the only one having
> this problem? Any advice?

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto