Subject: [Leica] Gossen Luna-Pro Digi F
From: M3novie@webtv.net (Scott Green)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 22:17:23 -0700 (PDT)

Yes indeed, Dan.  I've been swamped oflate and am only now getting to
this.  I did a test of the Luna-Pro:  it took all of a fraction of a
second to get a reading.  Nowhere near the 2 seconds I orignally
thought.  It's hard to imagine anything with a CdS cell going any
faster.  Now selenium, that's different...

Anyway, I really like it so far.  AMazing how many people have asked me
what the heck it is!  No one ever seemed to  notice the "Remington."
But now that I have a good meter, I am fearful (eeek) that my M3 will
succumb to the same fate as ... ah heck, who was it?  already discarded
... and the prism will go even farther south than I am when I head to
Costa Rica Thursday night.  Can anyone offer any hints to help prevent
the heat from getting things loosened up?  Without having to lug around
blue ice or other such drastic measure?

Still, I am determined not to be swayed from my resolve of taking but
one camera.  I think Martin has is right -- at leastfor me these days.
It usually turns out to be the (ugh, the word) grab-shots that "work"
for me.  This in mind, in the event of a disembowelment of my
rangefinder, I'll just have to resort to guessing.

I'll be gone for 10 days nd willl be "gone" from here during that time.
You know:  gotta keep the mailbox accessible.  I'll miss the chatter!

Best to all
Scott