Subject: [Leica] rewind problems on a IIIf BD
From: David Batista <batista@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:23:46 -0400 (EDT)

	Hello all.  I am a new Leica user and I have a problem with the
rewind on a IIIf BD.

	The Advance - Rewind lever only rotates (and very stiffly) from the
"A" to a position pointing out perpendicular to the face of the camera
(i.e.  not all the way round to the "R" like the lever on my IIIa does),
then the rewind knob will turn a few turns and then the film stops
rewinding.  I opened it up and found that the wind sprockets have locked up
and won't release.  I've tried it several times and each time it's the
same, release for a few inches and then the sprockets lock up and won't
release again.

	Are the wind sprockets not fully unlocking because the
Advance-Rewind lever isn't fully rotated to the "R" position?

	Is there something else to push or pull when rotating the
Advance-Rewind lever to allow it to fully rotate to the "R" position?

	Is there some trick to rewinding a IIIf, or do I have a broken IIIf
on my hands?

	Thanks for taking the time to read my tale of woe.

	Cheers,
	David

	David Batista
	Rutgers University Law Library