Subject: Re: [Leica] Foto Hobby Web Site
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:22:01 +0200

On 09-08-1998 18:38 Bill Erfurth wrote:

>Pascal noted in his post yesterday the web site address of the Foto
>Hobby Leica Store in Frankfurt, Germany.
>
>The site is quite interesting.  It is in both English and German,
>Prices are listed, and the (Tax Free) mail order price is also listed
>on many items.

I have already ordered many items from them (Nicolas Uhl, or his father,
J. Uhl), at better prices than is common over here, and most items are
either in stock or can be delivered within a week, a concept which is
again very unusual over here. I have found their service to be excellent;
once I got a problem with some a item (Leica Minilux with dust in the
viewfinder), they replaced it without questions. The family has
longstanding ties with the Leica history and the Leitz family. They have
a fast delivery system through UPS.

>And for you model train fans, there is a Marklin Leica railroad car
>listed.

The model train with steam locomotive and Leica waggon is happily running
around at my place... Must-have item for the true Leica lover ;-)

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
An Apple a day keeps greedy Microsoft away !