Subject: RE: [Leica] Soft Release - how to keep camera from accidentally firing
From: "Daniel Ho" <hod@idirect.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 22:04:12 -0400

I LOVE my red SoftRelease too.  Thanks Tom!

I don't know if this is for everybody, but what I do is this...

I have a bit of black round nylon shoelace tied to the right neckstrap ring.
When I pack the camera, I run the lace around and between the softrelease
and the winder to keep it from taking a shot of the inside of my camera bag.
;-)

This will also allow you to keep the battery from draining while your camera
packed and cocked.

Not very practical for keeping the camera from firing while on your neck or
shoulder though...you just may miss the "decisive moment" while unwinding
the shoelace!

Dan