Subject: [Leica] My first wedding!
From: "Ron K. Miller" <rkmiller001@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 19:31:51 -0700

Just revisiting a fun thread on "what we shot with our Leicas" so that
we all know we arent just buying equipment and having it collect dust:

Just came back from a gruelling afternoon shooting a wedding ceremony at
the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Dana Point, Calif.: The "before" and "during"
shots were under Hades (spelling?)-like heat.  Thankfully the "after"
snaps were taken under gazebos or indoors. I highly recommend a Tilley
Hat for portable outdoor shade. The hired photographer was nice to allow
2nd and 3rd photographers to snap beside her as long as we didnt
interfere with the shot.  I shot standard poses & candid with Agfa50
(first time) and Reala 100, followed by 2 rolls of TriX of everyone
mingling, dancing, the "dance", "gatherbelt" and "bouquet", and more!

It is quite exhilirating to have no pressure since there was a hired
photog there, and I am free to shoot whatever and from whatever angle I
choose. Nice to know that the M6 is appreciated by other amateur photogs
there and I enjoyed the session exchanging comments, ideas and knowledge
with them as we all jostle for a good position. As Ted had said,  it's
great being able to do your own creative B&W thing without the pressure
to produce when you can tag along with the lead photog!

A side effect of being out there photograping for fun, your friends
begin to view you as more than a friendly snapper.  Pretty soon I was
being asked to snap their pics, informally or posed, as they really like
seeing themselves in B&W (they saw some previous workm from the couple's
wedding shower). Not sure if this is good or bad news!

Anyway, can't wait to see the results!
Cheers   8-P