Subject: [Leica] The message text was too large so it was conver
From: "Mervin S. Stewart" <MervinStewart@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 23:37:12 -0400

Re:  x-ray and film in foreign airports- =

We recently returned from China with 50+ rolls of  exposed film.  We cArr=
ied
the film in handbaggage in  double Ziplock bags out of the cartons and
containers.  The security people looked at the bags and passed them aroun=
d the
scanner....Some of our film was in Posso containers that hold about 18 fi=
lm
cassetes... Security picked those up on the scanner and then  inspected t=
he
carry on bags. The security guards were polite and patient.
  Much to my amazement a roll of 3200 TMax was in my M6 and went through =
two
scanners in the States, one in Narita and one in Beijing before I realize=
d it
was in the camera.  I was amazed to find no evidence of fogging when the =
film
was developed....a pleasant surprise.  I guess I was lucky!! =