Subject: Re: [Leica] The Changing LUG
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 14:03:11 -0600

At 01:34 PM 08/08/98 -0400, Marc wrote:
>... and the horrid way in which an issue, once discussed, is
>back again a month or three later (the Tri-Elmar, the Adorama lenses, the
>R-versus-M controversy, the "which lens is best" silliness).  In a sense,
>these discussions are senseless and painful;

I know what you mean.  The repetition of a topic does get boring.  I'd like
to point out though that the LUG is not a static group of subscribers.  New
subscribers come (and go) quite regularly, unlike those who have been
around a long time.  So, if someone asks a question that has been hashed
out thoroughly a few weeks previously, it is not the "slow learning curve"
that Erwin suggested.  Instead, perhaps it is a question asked by someone
else who was not on the LUG when the topic came up before.  For instance,
within the last few days people have been posting questions about soft
releases, comparisons of 90mm-M lenses, M6 vs HM's, Tri-Elmar's, etc.  So
what if those topics came up before?  Thank goodness no one has asked about
UV filters or where to get replacement red dots that fell off!
   Anyway, cut some slack here if someone asks a question that seems like
it is "senseless and painful" to those who have been on the LUG long enough
to know that it has been discussed before.

- -GH