Subject: Re: [Leica] End of the line
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 00:30:59 EDT

Erwin,

It was with some shock and sadness that I read your posting that you will no
longer contribute to the LUG.  I myself have always looked forward to your
postings because there was always something to be learned about Leica in them.
I am sad that the LUG will no longer benefit from your research into the
performance of Leica lenses and cameras.
Yes, the LUG can be petty and annoying at times, just like the real world.
But for the most part, we all share our love for things Leica, and rise above
the pettiness.  I still think there is much to be learned and shared on the
LUG.
Even though I've only been on the LUG since March, and have enjoyed reading
and contributing to the LUG, I have felt that lately it just "ain't what it
used to be."  I've thought maybe it was just the summer with people being on
vacation.  But maybe people are just getting turned off by some of the silly
nit-picking and bickering.  Gives one something to think about, doesn't it?
Well, as I said, the LUG will be poorer because of Erwin's absence.  Erwin,
perhaps you will reconsider.

Bill Rosauer
VP LHSA