Subject: Re: [Leica] End of the line - what's LUG for?
From: Alexey Merz <alexey@webcom.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 20:21:21 +0100

Curt Miller,EMW wrote:

[points 1 & 2 deleted - I agree]

> 3) Why is there ANY personal dialogue being sent to a distributed list of
> 600 subscribers?  That's nuts.  Take the stuff private.  I shouldn't need to
> use my delete key (or my modem time or space at my ISP) for what are
> substantially personal communications.

Depends on how you define "personal", I suppose. I personally _like_
hearing people exchange greetings & reposts about trips, assignments,
projects, etc. - even though I have not (to my knowledge) met any of
these folks personally.

> 4) Can't understand ANY lack of courtesy under ANY circumstances here.  I
> have witness more discourtesy here than I care to tolerate.  Truly inexcusable.

You should see a _real_ internet chat group (I spend a lot of time in
talk.origins, where biologists do battle with biblical literalists)!

While not everyone here is civil to the point of prissiness, the
discourse here has been (at least since I started subscribing) polite
and friendly. And if your tolerance for "ANY" lack of courtesy is that
low, may I suggest that you take what you're reading on this mailing
list a tad less seriously?

- -Alexey
Alexey Merz | URL: http://www.webcom.com/alexey | email: alexey@webcom.com