Subject: Re: [Leica] End of the line
From: cmiller@berkshire.net (Curt Miller,EMW)
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 22:10:28 -0400 (EDT)

Tina and Group -

I sure can't speak for Erwin, or for anyone else on this list, but I sure
can tell you that I think Tina is missing a point with regard to some folks'
complaints.  Here are a few of the most cogent, from my perspective:

1) Subject headers are almost never changed to reflect a changed topic.  For
example, the thread I started about Leica Photography now speaks about model
releases.  Now how in hell am I, or anyone else supposed to know this?  How
does a delete key work with this since:

2) I've got to go about halfway down some of these messsages to find the new
text.  Speaking of using the delete key, why is it the folks screaming the
loudest sometimes can use it themselves to remove the old and extraneous text?

3) Why is there ANY personal dialogue being sent to a distributed list of
600 subscribers?  That's nuts.  Take the stuff private.  I shouldn't need to
use my delete key (or my modem time or space at my ISP) for what are
substantially personal communications.

4) Can't understand ANY lack of courtesy under ANY circumstances here.  I
have witness more discourtesy here than I care to tolerate.  Truly inexcusable.

Regards,

Curt