Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #229
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 07:47:01 -0500

At 10:05 AM 8/7/98 +0200, you wrote:
>>My project is to develop an easy way to make three successive
>>exposures through three different color filters onto very fine
>>grain B/W film.
>
>Dye Transfer is a little out of place in the days of Fuji Velvia etc.
>It is very interesting but not worth the effort. These days impressive
>colours are achieved in print/by manipulation of scanned pics.

Dye Transfer is still THE superior way to print a picture, and it's
experiencing a revival. And it gives you some of the kind of control that
photo manipulation via scanner and Photoshop would give that no other print
process can match, and image quality is superior to any but the most
expensive drum scanners.

It just costs way too much, and takes way too much effort.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke