Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Owners and Stereotypes
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:42:53 -0400

Hi All,

Vandauster wrote/forwarded:
"Just for fun... It is interesting how stereotypes evolve, and how seldom
they
reflect the truth. In a message dated 98-08-06 13:46:07 EDT, F Baker quotes
someone named Ruth:"
Just for fun- this is my take!

>Leica owners are the type of people who:
> -- buy incredibly expensive, glamorous, powerful SUVs but never take them
any farther off road than the mall parking lot.

1987 Buick Station Wagon ( Estate Wagon, for our friends across the waves)

> -- like to brag about drinking chianti, but inwardly groan at the thought
of
taking another sip of the caustic swill.

Taylor Lake Country Red, or a good beer

> -- were the first ones to rush out and join smoking clubs when the cigar
craze began.

Alas, gave up the pipe in '76; asthma, you know!

> -- subscribe to Scientific American, but can't even decipher the table of
contents.  It makes a great coffee table item in their house.

Read SA years before I got a Leica! Off and on since 1962!

> -- have a son named Cody and a daughter named Brianna.  Cody has a
swimming
coach, and Brianna takes interpretive tap lessons.

Amanda, Luke and Seth; Amanda is a Prison Guard; Luke and Seth are
undecided. Their mother was their swimming coach. Amanda hates to dance.

> -- like to drop their Tai Chi lessons into conversations:  "You know, this
morning I was on my way to the Starbucks kiosk right after my Tai Chi,
and..."

I go 'walkies' with Smudgie: SEE BELOW

> -- enjoy the snobbery of having the smallest lens section in the camera
store.

My regular hang out has plenty;

> -- wear pleated pants.

I'm fat; pleated pants are more comfortable, no snobbery here, just comfort!

> -- ran out and got the same type of dog Alec Baldwin had in that movie,
but
then told everyone they had theirs first.

Shih Tzu that was given to us

> -- join Classic Literature book clubs because they like to think the
postman
will be impressed when he delivers their packages.

Science Book Club, and Quality Paperback Books; like trashy true crime and
Stephen King!

> -- still think it's hip to order quiche in a restaurant.

UGH! Scambled egg pie! Make mine Mexican or Vietnamese

> -- like the security of never having to consider printing their own
pictures
by themselves.  Ever.

First darkroom in '63- hate trusting my negs to anyone else!

Speaking of stereo types, recycled 1968 Sansui ( original owner was going to
pitch it because the volume control was shot; repaired it, and use it!) Too
bad they don't make 'em like that anymore. sorta like an electronic
equivalent of a Leica!

Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com
"Having a Leica is the best revenge..."