Subject: Re: [Leica] color separation via three exposures
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 20:36:15 -0400

Harry:

I can't speeak to anything but registration. It would be easy. Three scans
on the same drum into photoshop. You could take the three channels and
combine them into an RGB file from which you could go to directly to an
evercolor print.

Tom

At 09:49 AM 8/6/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello all,

>My project is to develop an easy way to make three successive
>exposures through three different color filters onto very fine
>grain B/W film.  In theory, the end result will be images that are
>perhaps 2-5x higher resolution than conventional color films which
>can be combined to make high quality color prints.  Also, the B/W
>negatives should keep better over a long period.
>
>. . .
>3)	Registration.  I see this as the biggest problem.  Any
>easy way to align film image to sprocket holes or punch film in
>an M camera a la NATRA?  In practice, could I just try to align
>the corners of the three successive images at the same points on
>the enlarger baseboard at maximum magnification?
>
>Ciao, Harry

Thomas Kachadurian
WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/kachaduria