Subject: Re: [Leica] Checking a tripod for resonance
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 22:39:46 -0700

I had just bought a new tripod specifically for the Alaska trip, where I
needed to travel a bit lighter than usual - in and out of small boats, lots
of hiking, etc. My new Slik U8000 turned out to be an excellent match for
the M6. I really liked the quick release base plate unit, too.

However, it was a bit skimpy for the SL/280 combination. The monopod under
the front of the lens trick would definitely have helped. Otherwise, for a
low-cost, light-weight tripod, I have no complaints.

Gary Todoroff