Subject: [Leica] Focus problems!
From: Tony Rowlett <rowlett@alaska.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 14:48:05 -0800

Greetings LUGgers!

What a cool list!  I'm new here, and I hope I'm sending to the correct
address.  I enjoy receiving the digest every day.

I don't think I've got the focus of my V35 calibrated correctly.  When I
raise it to the top 16x height and calibrate according to the directions
given in the manual, and then lower it to the bottom (minimum 3x), it
falls slightly out of focus to the point where you just have to turn the
focus ring slightly to get it back.  This makes me want to focus
manually for each shot.  I think I'm probably doing something wrong.

Also, I'm going to send my 75/1.4 Summilux-M back to Leitz for repair
because it seems to focus at about 18-20 feet when I've focused on
something at 10-12 feet.  I've done some pretty extensive testing
because at first I thought it was just me being sloppy.  I am still in
shock, and I wonder if anybody else has had this problem with this lens?
It's hardly been used (like, two or three rolls!).
- --
Home Page http://www.alaska.net/~rowlett