Subject: [Leica] Barely on topic...
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 15:03:45

Hi everyone!

Nice to be back on the LUG after almost 8 months away.

While away, I had the opportunity to take a Caribbean cruise and photograph
an eclipse of the sun with my R5 (now on topic) and a 500mm Russian MTO
which had been recommended by M.J. Small (Thanks Marc!).  With roughly 700
photographers on board the diversity of camera/lens or telescope
combinations was amazing. One of the stranger combos, though eminently
satisfactory, was a Questar mounted on a Leica IIIc with Viso!  I
understand it worked just fine!

While on board, I also had the pleassure of meeting a fine gentleman (and
fellow LUGnut), Richard DeLuca.

Enjoy 'dem Leica's!