Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica bargains
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 23:04:21 -0400

At 11:46 PM 8/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Sunday night
  Do you do all your work with or without an assistant?

By myself.

>I'm assuming you do all the work on the images in the DR and then put
>them on the web, rather than use the computer to "manipulate."

Right

>Some of  the techies around here think that chemistry will be overtaken by
>computer within the next 10 years.

>How did you get started?

I started taking pictures of my four children. When that got too expensive
to be a hobby, I went to Rohn Engh's seminar on "How To Sell and Resell
Your Photographs."  I started my own stock business.  Through my part-time
job as a mission consultant, I travel and photograph in developing countries.

>Someone named Kirk responded to my enlarger inquiry with an offer to buy
>his 1970's Focomat 1c.  I've seen the v35, but haven't any idea what the
>1c looks like.  Any opinion on that?

I'm not familiar with the 1c, but the v35 can't be beat.

>I like to print full-frame and wonder if neg carriers and lens boards,
etc. are available for an item of that
>vintage.

I have ordered negative carriers for the v35 from B&H.  I'm sure if they
don't have full-frame ones you could find a used one and file it out.

>So much to learn!  I'm reading Ansel Adams and a wonderful book
>on B&W printing by Larry Bartlett (posthumus) and Jon Tarrant.

You're starting the right way!  Stick with Leica and the LUG and you can't
go wrong.  Have fun!

>Cheers,

Leically,

Tina