Subject: Re: [Leica] prescription eyepiece
From: Stanley E Yoder <syoder+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 08:02:11 -0400 (EDT)

>From: Fstop008@aol.com
>Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 20:10:29 EDT
>Subject: Re:  Re: [Leica] Sherry Krauter

>On the subject of Leica repairs: who do you contact in order to have a
>prescription viewfinder inserted into the eyepiece, if you want an astimatic
>error included, which is not included in Leica's commerically available
>eyepieces?

Maybe I'm missing something re optical knowledge, but how can you
correct for astigmatism when the camera is likely to be in two positions
90 degrees apart, relative to the eye (horiz/vert, or
landscape/portrait)? Only if the eyepiece can be rotated to keep the
correction in the proper plane, yes?

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh