Subject: Re: [Leica] Viewfinder V31#2
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 21:44:58 -0400

Bill:

The issue I have looks as good as can be expected from offset printing. I'm
sure there's variation from copy to copy, maybe mine is a good one.

Sensia is a fine grain film, but I was thinking of Velvia or Kodachrome. My
point was that the lens, and the photographer made this picture, not the film.

Tom

At 08:06 PM 7/30/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Tom,
>
>Thanks for your kind words regarding my photograph on the back of the current
>LHSA Viewfinder "Charleston Sweetgrass Basket Ladies".  It does show off the
>wonderful properties of the 24/2.8.  When I came upon this scene in
>Charleston, it seemed the perfect subject for an ultra-wide angle lens, and
>the 24 was what I had in the bag. I've found this lens great to use for
>travel.  BTW, I used Fuji Sensia slide film, which I would consider a fine
>grain film, not Fuji RD.
>
>I have five other photos in the color section and all were taken with Sensia
>as well.  You'll notice another of my shots taken with the 75/1.4.  I was
>trying to "stretch" myself a little using some lenses I ordinarily don't
carry
>to see what they can do.
>
>Roy Moss, editor of the Viewfinder, told me that the original color proofs
>looked outstanding, while the finished color section in the Viewfinder is a
>little muddy and oversaturated.  Just think what the color section could have
>looked like if it had been printed properly!

Thomas Kachadurian
WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/kachaduria