Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Glass of water on the carbon fibre television tripod
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 11:49:18 -0700

>George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca> writes:
>
><snip>
>     > I got the idea from a column by Stint (sp?).  He
>     > suggests balancing a glass of water on his Blads to check for
vibration
>     > on the tripod with and without using prerelease.
><snap>

In 1971, while choosing a medium format camera, I narrowed the field to the
Pentax 6x7 and the Mamiya RB 67.  I liked them both.
The test that decided the choice was placing a 5 cent coin upright on each
ground glass, firing the shutter with cable release and mirror in the normal
position.
The Pentax tipped and overturned the coin, the Mamiya did not.

Joseph Codispoti