Subject: Re: [Leica] Music lovers vs Audiophiles etc.
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 21:31:34 -0600

Duane,
So are you saying that nothing beats passion, skill (whether as a
photographer or perceptive music lover) and cleverness, and that money alone
won't buy the wonders of the universe? If so, what else is new? :-)

Some time ago (with a bit of prompting, I'll admit) I decided there was
something screwy about notion of the hifi which was "so good that it made
99% of the recordings out there sound bad" (I'd think that a genuinely good
hifi would enable the listener to enjoy a wider range of music, not smaller)
and decided it made as much sense as owning a mint-in-box Leica for any
period of time longer than the time it takes to get home and throw the box
away!

Jeff