Subject: RE: [Leica] Hasselblad XPAN
From: eyes1@webtv.net (Isaac Crawford)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:51:24 -0400 (EDT)

- --WebTV-Mail-206454188-524

In addition to being heavier, it will probobly also be better built..:-)
I think that there are two BIG advantages of the new Hasselblad over a
Mamiya 7 (these are going on assumptions...yes, yes, I know what
assumptions do:-).
     1)  Size.  It looks as though the Hasselblad will be close to a
"standard" sized 35mm camera, MUCH smaller than a Mamyia 7.
     2)Flexibility.  Imagine having an M6 with aperature priority (TTL
by the way, unlike the Mamyia), built in motor drive, AND the ability to
double the negative size on the same roll of film as regular 35mm shots.
It also seems to have auto parralax correction and perhaps even
adjustable viewfinder magnification a la the G1/G2 (the initial press
release is a little vauge, but that is what it sounds like to me.).
Once Hassey (or Fuji) releases some "regular" 35mm lenses for this
camera, its full potential could be realized.
Of course this camera has yet to be released...I think it is full of
promise, and if it can deliver the expected quality at the prices that
have been thrown around, a great deal as well...

eyes

- --WebTV-Mail-206454188-524