Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic - Point of Comparison
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:52:41 -0300

At 21 Jul 1998 18:11:32 EDT, Tom Shea <TEAShea@aol.com> wrote:

> ... your[sic] should spend some time with the rec. audio . high end folks.
> ...not nearly the snake oil here.  How about $800 for a five foot power
> cord because of sonic unmeasurable differences.

What brought on this gratuitous, out-of-context slam of another group of
enthusiasts?  The answer should be simple:  if you don't hear a power cord
make a difference in your system, then by all means don't buy it.  If seeing
people discuss the sonic implications of powercords makes your guts churn,
then don't read that newsgroup.  What am I missing?

 -Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>