Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic - Point of Comparison
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:02:16 -0600

The crazy thing about many wild audio-related products is that many *do*
make a difference, but there are too many which seem to improve some
aspects, as the expense of others. In this sense, yes, many are wildly
overpriced for what they do, and the boutique packaging and iffy scientific
claims do set such up for ridicule--far better, I think, if they'd just
admit that it did something, and they didn't have the foggiest idea of why!

One tweak that I like (which has a photo application, too!) is a good
ferro-resonant transformer: Find a nice old Sola and if you don't think it
removes some fog from your hifi sound (and even the 2" TV speaker) it also
works dandy at protecting your computer, and as an enlarger voltage
stabilizer. Those who already own a small Omega unit or some such (not the
lightweight, all-electronic ones!) may try running something small, like the
CD player or clock radio through it and judge for themselves.

Jeff