Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo whores {was Life magazine} vs word herders
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 19:53:22 -0500

At 12:46 PM 7/21/98 +0000, you wrote:

>Of course, you are both right about the trend toward commercialization, but
>there is nothing quite like the Peace Church, Vietnam series in the
>Washington Post to snap us all out of our collective lethargy (I realize I

I have to add that the Washington Post is probably THE photojournalistic
newspaper in the country right now. The hired the right managers, and the
managers hired the right photographers. And the winning combination is now
the finest staff assembled at any publication (short of National
Geographic, and their staff is very, very small) in the U.S.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Don't be surprised if you see a halo around my head. It should be
expected. After all, light bends around incredibly dense objects.  -
Clifton Painter