Subject: RE: [Leica] Quality Control
From: srlondon@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 03:22 -0400

- ----Original Message-----
   >From:    	Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>

   >In various formats I own nearly 20 lenses. Many of them purchased new, some
   >purchased used. Not one of them came to me like this one. And at over
   >$1500, this is the most expensive lens I've ever purchased. I'll think long
   >and hard before I buy another new lens from Leica.

I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles with your purchase, which, after you've gathered the nerve and considerable funds to take the plunge, should only be an enjoyable experience.  Maybe we should consider the additional benefits of purchasing lenses used in that "like new" lenses were handled by at least one previous buyer, and have already been screened for factory flaws.  Call it Secondary Leica Quality Control, if you will.