Subject: Re: [Leica] If Leica is too expensive what would be the best alternative?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 00:10:31 -0700

At 10:54 PM 7/18/98 -0700, you wrote:

>> For the money and features you cannot beat the Nikon FM2n.  As an all-time
>> favorite for excellence in service, accuracy, and features, the Nikon F3 is
>> my first choice.
>
>i agree with those suggestions. no budget was mentioned.
>
>a secondhand f3 or fm with a 50/1.8 makes a fine first camera
(understatement).

>mark

So what's wrong with a used R4sP and 50/2 Summicron ? Hell!!! I'll even
take an SL, R3, whatever, over the N brand. I have an FM2. It sits on my
Beseler Slide Duplicator. After using a Leica, it needed a home as it would
never see the light of day again. So it holds film behind a 75mm APO
Rodagon, atop a copier. Yes, the FM2 is a great film holder. The Leica
(which takes Leica lenses) takes great photographs. There is something
about Leica lenses...

There's a Leica for ANY budget.

Jim