Subject: Re: [Leica] intermediate shutter speeds
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 21:40:44 -0400

Don:

You are mistaken. A setting between marked shutter speeds cannot be set
exactly, but with a cloth, horizontal travel shutter you can set between
speeds and get a less accurate half stop; no less precise than setting an
F-stop between clicks. My shutter speed tester bears this out on both an M6
and an M4-p.

Tom

At 12:02 PM 7/17/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Your old F2 Nikon does NOT work between
>speeds.  It is a mechanical shutter with distinct
>speeds only.
>
>The newer electronic shutter cameras (Nikon F3
>and newer) can work on intermediate speeds
>but only in auto-exposure mode.  There is no way
>to set intermediate speeds manually.
>
>Some of the even more recent models, with
>digital shutter speed displays, can set intermediate
>speeds.
>
>The M6, being mechanical, of course can not do so.
>
>don ferrario

Thomas Kachadurian
WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/kachaduria