Subject: RE: [Leica] 35mm Summicron-R vs. 35mm Elmarit-R
From: jimbrick@photoaccess.com (Jim Brick)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:51:21 -0700

At 02:05 PM 7/16/98 -0700, you wrote:
>You'll probably never believe this...
>
>Anyway, I was favorably impressed with the 35-70 and plan on buying one.
>Only bummer about that lens is that the front elements turn when focusing.
>
>--Jim Laurel

And the lens hood is a separate screw-on hood.

I have a friend who has one of these, used it once, and doesn't like it.
He's a Fine Art photographer. The filter/lens shade situation is a killer!
He's not computer literate and is not on the LUG. I have no idea what a
used 35-70/4.0, in new condition, is worth. If anybody has an idea, let me
know.

Thanks,

Jim
jim@brick.org