Subject: Re: [Leica] leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 15:10:38 -0400

There are many folks who like to use the M5, especially for its spot meter
and the fact that the metered area is well defined in the viewfinder. There
are others who like the shutter speed knob overhanging the front of the
camera, making adjustments a simple matter.

I think that when the M5 was first marketed in the two lug version many
people just couldn't get used to the way it hung vertically. (Probably why
the three lug was made)

I don't have one of these (my favorite model is the M2) but I have handled
them a few times briefly. At a recent swap I was tempted to make an offer
on one that the dealer wanted $1200 for, but I resisted.

BTW: Your English is much better than my French! (Do you, like I, follow
the Tour?)

Cheers!

kw

>I recently buy a black M5 in mint condition and the 35/2 summicron m
>(black). I heard someones likes or dislikes M5... Too big, strange
>design, heavier than others M'...
>I like him, i like is meter ( very spot, more than M6 ).
>Please, tell me what you think about it ... thanks...
>

>sorry for my "bad" english, i'm French ("world soccer
>champion"....wwooooooooo)

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>