Subject: [Leica] Palo Alto LUG slide night
From: Mark <mark@steinberg.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 08:56:28 -0700

Doug Herr wrote:

> Charlie-
>
> I enjoyed meeting with you and other Bay Area LUGgers last evening.

i'd like to echo that ! what a pleasure !

special thank to Jim for hosting the evening ! Charlie for organizing it !
and to Tom for representing "the company" !

what a special treat to get a chance to handle the new M8 ! the
auto-focus was incredibly fast and how innovative to offer both a
digital and 35mm-film option ! in my experience the F5 metering is indeed
the way to go and the technology sharing deal with Nikon will no doubt
bring massive benfits to both companies ! How Exciting !

it's was a pity about the fracas between Jim and Jeff regarding the
soft releases. i knew leica users are very passionate, but i have to
admit to being very surprised when such passions led to blows ! good
thing Charlie brought that single malt !

> LUGgers in other areas should consider informal meetings like this one...

ditto. it was very nice to see how different people's eyes are and how
people use these wonderful tools in different ways. the reality of different
styles helps to put the struggle of one company to satisfy alot of users
into perspective.

it was a wonderful evening, thanks to all who participated !

mark