Subject: Re: [Leica] Help with Lens Shade
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 08:40:19 -0500

George,

I believe your lens was manufactured in 1972.

Probably the  most widely used lens shade would be 12585 which is
circular
and has slots in it to reduce blockage in the viewfinder.  This hood
fits
lenses with a 42mm external mount diameter including your lens.  This
hood
dates from 1963.

You can reverse this hood on 50mm lenses for carrying.  It has a cover
for
this purpose.

I believe 12538 also fits the 50mm Summicron-M but I'm not familiar with
it.

Bud