Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicas and Doctors
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 16:04:33 +0200

Ernest Nitka wrote:
> .......<CUT>........
> So why is it different with cameras.  I am lucky cause I can
> afford the Leica AND
> because I am an amateur....<CUT>... Now if I were a pro I
> would be interested in what
> was the most efficient cost effective equuipment and probably would not have
> the time or money to
> consider the sensual nature of the act of photography.

This would be wise, and that explains the peculiar (and currently
difficult) position of Leica in the market. If you were a very
successful professional photographer you might nevertheless be able to
afford to buy your own private Leica setup, and you would use it in your
spare time, when you become a "sensuous amateur". Rare, marginal and
admirable are the pros who place their professional fate in Leica gear
these days (here we go again...).

And my sincere thanks to all dentists, lawyers, physicians and all other
passionate irrational fools (this is my profile) who have kept the Leica
name glowing against any market logic whatsoever ! I'm not sure the
Leica shareholders and board of directors really deserve you...

Friendly regards,
Alan
Brussels-Belgium