Subject: Re: [Leica] zoom lens choice
From: "Robert J. De Vries" <dvcinc@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 12:35:05 -0700

Hi Ted:

I have a new 80-200 f4 and love it. I use it on an R8 with winder. I find the
handling is very nice, better than an F5 and 80-200 IMHO. The lens is sharp with
great contrast. I find it as good as a fixed focal length in use and I check my
slides with a 10x loupe. I also have a 180 and find I do not use it. I prefer the
zoom. I bought the lens when the rebates were in effect and felt it was an excellent
value for a Leica lens. I have also used the lens on my R5 with motor drive and it is
fine but not as nice as with the R8/winder combo.

Bob De Vries