Subject: Re: [Leica] zoom lens choice
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 07:43:10 -0400

My wife bought one a couple of months ago. She choose it over the 70-180
primarily because of size and weight. She and I both prefer the two touch
system and find the lens easy to handle on her RE/winder, but less so on my
R3/no winder.

It hasn't been used a great deal but I was astounded by the quality of the
results she showed me. (not very scientific; just the reaction of a long
time Leica shooter)

Cheers!

kw

>Do we have any R 80-200 f4 zoom lens users out there?  If so would you care
>to make comments on the glass and general lens handing. Much appreciated
>for any responses.  Thank you,
>

>And by chance we have someone fortunate enough to have both the R 80-200 f4
>and the R 70-180 2.8 please feel free to make any comparison comments
>regarding each.
>
>Much appreciated
>
>ted

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>