Subject: Re: [Leica] Fw: Your Borders.com Special Order
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:37:19 -0500

At 04:36 PM 7/7/98 +0000, you wrote:

>I received the same disappointing message from Borders.  They advertised
>the book at $15.00 and then tell you that they can sell you a copy  at
>$45.00, and that the $15.00 copy is not available.  This is my first time
>buying from Borders and I am certainly very very disappointed.
>
>I have been buying from Amazon books for more than a year and Amazon has
>ALWAYS honoured their prices and kept their promises.

Actually, there's a guy who has pursued this, and Borders "policy" person
tells him it's not the same book. It's a display book that has different
pictures, and is a "fold out" that is used for display only. So we wouldn't
want it. But the spot on the web did not say anything about that. The guy
is looking into any kind of remediation that might be available for making
up for their error. I'll let everyone know if something comes up.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

AAAAAA - American Association Against Acronym Abuse Anonymous