Subject: Re: [Leica] IIIF shutter problem?
From: "Richard Urmonas" <rurmonas@senet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 10:45:13 +0000

On Fri, 03 Jul 1998 13:23:27 +0000, steve wrote:

>I have a IIIF that works fine except on fast shutter speeds it leaves a
>little dark area on the right end of the picture. a small amount at 200
>alittle bigger at 500 and bigger yet at 1000. any guesses as to what the
>remedy might be?? thanks
>Steve

This sounds to me like the first shutter curtain is a bit sluggish at the end of its travel.  I have seen cameras
where this is obvious when looking into the camera (lens removed).  The first curtain "hessitates" at the
end of its travel.  Your problem does not sound severe enough to be seen easily.  Solution CLA.
Richard Urmonas
rurmonas@senet.com.au