Subject: Re: [Leica] M-focus procedure
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 20:41:09 -0400

You are making it too complicated.  It shouldn't matter from which
direction you focus.  If your photos are consistently out of focus, it
could be because you are shooting wide open with a fast lens and you are
not being carefull enough, and the shallow depth of field isn't helping
you, or the rangefinder needs adjusting.  Try testing a roll of film under
controlled conditions to make certain that there really isn't wrong with
the camera.  If the camera is working properly, focusing an M6 is really
very simple.

Dan C.