Subject: [Leica] 13352 polarizer repair?
From: Corey Levenson <coreyl@texas.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 11:31:51 -0500

Howdy All,

	I have an older 13352 swing-out polarizer that has finally started
to separate. Since the new swing-out polarizer from Leica is something like
$300, I would like to rebuild my old one.
	I have taken apart the unit and now have the 43 mm diameter
polarizer (glass laminate) out. I want to find a new glass polarizer.
Alternatively, the unit incorporates a threaded retaining ring that
originally had no purpose (as far as I can see). It seems like it could be
replaced with a threaded polarizing filter that was the same diameter and
thread pitch (looks like 46.5 mm 0.5 pitch). I'd like to use something from
B+W (or equivalent quality). Does anyone on the list have experience
rebuilding the older 13352 units? Any advice?
	Thanks in advance...

All Best,
Corey Levenson
San Antonio TX